Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day



Today is my favorite holiday so I couldn't have picked a more perfect day to start my blog. Welcome!! One of my goals for 2010 was to start a blog, and here we are! So excited for today to finally be here! I decided a while ago I would start the blog today in celebration of my favorite holiday. I am hoping that this helps me to get better at my journaling skills, because when I scrapbook, my journaling is straight and to the point...name, date, event. Not a whole lot of the details, but enough that when I look back in 20-30 years, I'll remember the day.
I started taking photograps a long time ago, my first camera was a 110. I eventually upgraded to a 35mm point and shoot, then when I took my first photography class in high school, my parents got me a 35mm SLR. As the digital age came upon us, I went first with a digital point and shoot. But as I love photography as a hobby as well, I finally upgraded to a digital SLR a few years ago. I fell in love with pictures and took tons at every event. I cataloged events in many magnetic albums (GHASP) until once day in a big box craft store about 14 years ago I found some acid/lignin free paper (didn't have a clue what that meant at the time) and some fun decorative edge scissors. So began my hobby as a scrapbooker. My style has evolved over the years and I only have one pair of scalloped edge scissors, btu my love for the craft has grown in leaps and bounds. I picked up the hobby of cardmaking thanks to an online class hosted by one of my scrapbooking idols, Jennifer McGuire, and have since become addicted to that as well. I love to create something every day, even if it's a small embellishment that will end up on a page or a card.

I wanted to share this card today in honor of my favorite holiday. Thanks for stopping by!
Deb




2 comments: