Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's and an Easter Card


Happy April Fool's day...though it is almost over!! No jokes for me today. Just spent some time with my hubby and did some crafting. It was good to do both today since I was out of town last week. My hubby has a four day weekend off this weekend and I was off today. Anyway, on to the crafting! I wanted to make some Easter cards to send to my family, and I was hoping to have had them out in the mail earlier (since they'll be late now), but I wanted to play with some new Papertrey goodies that were set to arrive today. And arrive they did...so I had some fun playing with my new Year of Flowers: Daffodils set today. I did some paper piecing with the flower portion, stamping and then cutting the flower out of some Bo Bunny dot paper. Then I did come coloring with copics (I am still a newbie with these, but LOVE them). I used some of the new Dear Lizzy paper with the Papertrey Large Scalloped border die, and a simple sentiment from the daffodil set. Wanted it to be more spring like than Easter specific. I love the simplicity of it!

Have a great rest of your April Fool's Day.

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment