Sunday, April 25, 2010

the one about the papertrey ink blog hop














This is my first PTI blog hop and I am so excited to participate and then I saw that the challenge was to use tissue paper!! I have a bunch of tissue paper on hand in case I procrastinate on getting gifts out...which, let's be honest, I am more likely to send my gift a few days late then a few days early...procrastination is my middle name!! So here's what I came up with using some pink tissue paper that you get in your bags from Victoria's Secret...
I used the large Beautiful Blooms #2 Die to die cut the tissue paper and each flower is 18 die cut flowers (crazy, but I wanted it to have bulk). I layered the light pink and dark pink tissue everyother to create the varigated flower poof. Once I had the 18 layers die cut, I folded the flower in half then put a few stitches in the middle near the bottom. I should take pictures of the process next time, but check out this from Elizabeth Kartchner...I just did this with tissue instead of fabric. Then I just smooshed each layer of tissue into eachother starting with the top layer (after stitching and then unfolded). After smooshing them all together, un-smoosh them...is that even a word...un-smoosh!! Fluff them a bit and you're left with the tissue flower. Here's a closer look...
 
Here's my supply list:
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate and New Leaf (Papertrey Ink)
Stamp: Fillable Frames #3 Frame (Papertrey Ink) and Designer Woodgrain (Hero Arts)
Ink: Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink) and Versamark
Embossing Powder: Antiquities Frosted Crystal (Ranger)
Dies: Ric Rac, Large Beautiful Blooms #2, Fillable Frames #3 (Papertrey Ink)
Other: Dear Lizzy Thickers (American Crafts)

Thanks for stopping by!
Deb


27 comments:

  1. Fun card, Deb! Those big bright flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are fantastic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! These flowers are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Those flowers are great!! Love the colors and the woodgrain background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of the ricrac die too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such bright and fun pink flowers. Way to rock the tissue paper challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you used the rick rack die for stems! Great job on those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh cute! love the rick rack stems - they are absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the offset sentiment on the die at the top. And the stems too, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are so beautiful, so fluffy and full! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is FABULOUS! I LOVE those fluffy flowers!!!
    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great flowers! And rick rack stems are a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, those flowers are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice fluffy flowers for your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at all those new products used on this card!! Love the rick rack stem!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these flowers! They look like carnations! The rick rack stems are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy and bright! I love your pink flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH I love those pretty flowers! So bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love those variegated flowers. The two colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute and fun card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your card. The flowers are so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some much PTI goodness goin on here! From the BB die, to the rickrack die to the Fillable frames- everything pulled together to make an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous flowers! Love the stems!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous flowers, love their cheery bright colour!

    ReplyDelete