Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cards For Kids Day 1

Welcome to my first day of Cards For Kids projects. Don't forget to check back tomorrow for the Lawn Fawn Hearts Cards For Kids blog hop. It starts at 6am, and you can start here to hop along. Be sure to leave some blog love for everyone as there will be prizes for commenters!!!

I've got two cards to share today that are totally different from eachother. I love getting my creative juices flowing when making the cards for kids, because I want to make at least one for everyone, and I want them to be all different, even just slightly different.
I kept this one pretty simple. It's pretty much a 'one layer care' with the exception of the butterfly. I stamped it directly onto the card, then again to color and have pop off the card slightly. I am loving this stamp set from Papertrey Ink (supply list will be at the end) and will have to get it out more often!! How cute is that snail?? Lisa Johnson really outdid herself with this set!!!
As I said, the two cards today are VERY different from one another. I love this little girl holding the flowers. Reminds me of my neice with her bazillion stuffed animals (just like her mom...my sister)!! Everytime my sister and her family visit my parents in our childhood home, my neice gets to pick ONE of my sister's old stuffed animals (that are on two shelves that go around at least a quarter of her room...not to mention the one's on the bed...LOL) to take back to her home with her. I don't think my sister was expecting that trait to be passed on to her daughter, but I find it to be especially funny, not to mention cute!! That would have to be where the 'wait until you have kids' expression our parent's always said comes to fruition.

Thanks for stopping by today. Again, don't forget about the Lawn Fawn Hearts Cards For Kids blog hop tomorrow!! It's going to be lots of fun and it's for such a great cause!!

Deb

Supplies:
Friends:
Cardstock: Solar White (Neenah)
Stamps: Flutterby Friends (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Simply Chartreuce, Spring Moss, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Other: Various Copics

Hello Banner:
Cardstock: Solar White (Neenah), Azure Layering Papers (Hero Arts)
Pattern Paper: Happy Day 6x6 pad (s.e.i.); Mellow Yellow Dot (Bo Bunny)
Stamps: Hello Flags, Girl Holding Flowers, Flourish Background Cling (Hero Arts)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Versamark
Embossing Powder: Translucent (American Crafts)
Other: Medium Scalloped Border Die (Papertry Ink); Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers); Various Copics

No comments:

Post a Comment