Sunday, August 29, 2010

Home

Last Sunday I flew out to Phoenix, AZ for work. It was my first trip out west!! I wish I had had more time to see some sights, but they kept up pretty busy from morning until night. I mean up at 5:30a and to bed at 10p, after class and homework! But I did enjoy my time there and am now trying to talk my hubby into moving out there instead of heading north, when we finally decide it's time to move anyway. The first few days were brutal with the heat, but that was due to humidity. It got up to 112 on Tuesday, but the humidity made it feel closer to 120. That was HOT!!! Then byt mid week, the humidity was gone and 106 in Arizona actually felt better then 95 in Florida - mainly because 95 in Florida came humidity which meant that as soon as you walk out the door you're sweating no matter what time of day it is...not so in AZ! I loved it!!

The city is in a hole though, surrounded by mountains. I did love that there was NO grass...or very little anyway and the AC units are on the roof (I found that strange, but I guess it's very practical there with there being a chance of flooding and all). It really is a great city! I will be headed back there for work again in February and I think we're going to try to see if we can make it into a vacation...stay out there after my work gets done. We'll have to see how that works out as it gets closer!! For now, here's a few pics from my trip.


Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment