Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Inspired #3

It's all about inspiration this week on the blog and today is day 3. Today I have a card that was inspired by Maile Belles. I love her simple and clean style, but especially love when she adds french knots as an embellishment to her design. I do not do needlepoint or embroidery, however, that's a craft that both my sister and mom enjoy...so i decided to give the french knots a try and here's what I came up with.


















I broke out my anniversary set, Round & Round for this one. I haven't used that sent in a while so it was nice to hang out with an old friend again. I used a sheet of patterned paper from My Mind's Eye that matched perfectly with Papertrey Ink's Pure Poppy and Melon Berry. So I added some Rustic Cream and Kraft for a pretty simple card. Here's a closer look at my french knots (my first one's by the way). Maile's tutorial was fabulous!!













Thanks for stopping by today!!
Deb

P.S. Be sure to check out the Papertrey Playhouse blog for our VERY FIRST challenge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment