Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Year In Cards - September 2010

One of my favorite online classes is A Year In Cards given by Kristina Werner over at twopeasinabucket.com. While I watch each video every month and even print off the PDF file for my Idea Book binder, this is the month I have played along. This month, Kristina made three fabulous Christmas cards. I used the sketches spot on for this one, but pulled out some old papers from My Mind's Eye Be Loved collection pack for my cards. Yes, this was a Valentine's themed collection, but the colors fit for Christmas too!! Here's what I came up with.








I used kraft cardstock as my base for all three cards. I also limited myself to the dotted pattern paper and it's 'b' side, along with a green stripe pattern paper from the collection pack. Then I used either melon berry or vintage cream cardstock (from Papertrey Ink), and used the same apron lace border punch for each card. This was my basic color pallet, and once I limited myself, the cards came together VERY quickly!!













































I can't believe it's only September and I have started making holiday cards!! I guess the season begins early for us papercrafters!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft (Stampin Up!); Melon Berry, Vintage Cream, Rustic Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Pattern Paper: Be Loved Collection pack (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Vintage Cream, Melon Berry, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Communique Curves, Signature Greetings, Take Note (Papertrey Ink); Merry Christmas sentiment (Imaginesce)
Ribbon: Vintage Cream Grosgrain, Melon Berry Saddle Stitch (Papertrey Ink)
Other: 1 3/4 inch circle Punch (Stampin Up!); White Gel Pen (Uni-Ball); Apron Lace Border Punch (Fiskars)

No comments:

Post a Comment