Sunday, November 7, 2010

Holiday Thinking Inking - Week 5

Alcohol Inks and Watercolor Paper?? I was a bit skeptical to be honest. But since Jennifer McGuire's technique classes had never led me astray before, I gave it a try. You can too by following that link over to the class at 2peas. Anyway, I wondered what would be the worst that would happen if I didn't like the results...another paper would end up in the recycable bag...no loss there. So I cut my watercolor paper to size, chose my ink colors, and loaded up the felt applicator. The result I got was AMAYZING!! I actually think I preferr alcohol inks on watercolor paper to glossy paper...hands down!! Oh wait, I forgot a step...I did do some heat embossing with white embossing powder before using those alcohol inks...just like Jennifer did. Anyway, I figure I should get around to showing you my results!!
I chose make a Thanksgiving card instead of a Christmas card for this project...I sure hope that's OK, and somehow I am sure it is!! I chose alcohol inks in fall colors to go along with the theme of the card. I miss fall so much so this was very fun to make!! Since I am originally from Central New York, I was very used to four distinct seasons. Now that I live in Central Florida, that's the one thing I miss most. I don't miss the snow too much except in the days leading up to and following Christmas (I don't think I will ever get used to above freezing temperatures on Christmas no matter how long I live here). I do, however, miss the fall and spring. I miss the changing leaves and the vibrant colors of fall, and the new buds and colorful flowers awakening from a long slumber in the spring. And you just can't beat the 70's and low 80's in the summer (as compared to high 90's with 100% humidity in Florida). I am not trying to bash Florida...I just really miss having four distinct seasons...did I say that already. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the card!!

I will be back tomorrow with my latest creation for the Papertrey Playhouse Challenge!! Single Layer Cards...LOVE them!! Until then, thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

Supplies:
Cardstock: Simply Chartreuce (Papertrey Ink); Solar White (Neenah); Watercolor Paper (Michaels)
Ink: Tuxedo Black , Versamark (Tsukineko); Lettuce, Cranberry, Caramel, Ginger (Alcohol Inks by Ranger); Copper (Alcohol Ink Mixative by Ranger); Ink Blending Soltuion (Ranger); Antique Linen, Walnut Stain (Distress Ink by Ranger)
Embossing Powder: White (American Crafts)
Stamps: Harvest Season (Lawn Fawn); Friend Definition (Hero Arts); Fall Elegance (Papertrey Ink)
Die: Mat Stack #3 (Papertrey Ink)
Other: Various Copics

No comments:

Post a Comment