Sunday, January 23, 2011

Playing a little catch up

Wow...I can't believe it's already Sunday!! I totally missed my Thougthful Thursday post. I can tell you I was very happy to have three days off from work this week! I spent a lot of time getting crafty in my craft space, working on my December Daily/Journal Your Christmas (still not quite sure which category it fits into). It's really my holiday daily journal album...yeah, I'll call it that (mouthful that it is). It starts on Thanksgiving, then skips to December 1st where it becomes a daily through Christmas, then it skips ahead to New Year's Eve, and ending with New Year's Day, though the final page will be the goals my hubby and I have for 2011 (we don't call them resolutions). I hope to have it completed by February 1st.

Since my husband's birthday falls on December 12th, we decided that would be a great day to head to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party to celebrate not only Christmas, but his birthday as well. With the exception of 2009, we have been every year since 2005. We missed 2009 because of scheduling (we just couldn't work out a day when we could go and be out until after midnight). But we started planning early for 2010, making sure we fit it in somewhere. It's become one of our traditions that I missed so much the year we didn't go. Living so close to Disney, it's a great tradition...and now it's usually one of very few visits to the parks, if not the only one, we make each year.

Here's a layout I put together, inspired by the Scrapbook Stamping class over at 2peas. It's only one portion of the December 12th day of my album. You'll see I followed the sketch pretty closely, just shrinking it down a bit to fit an 8 1/2 x 11 layout (which I have not scrapped in a LONG time...usually I am a 12 x 12 scrapper)...


The love you stamp is from the new Studio AE January collection! I have watched Nichol Magouirk use these stamp sets for a few months and finally joined with the January set. LOVE it and I can't wait to get future months' sets!! I am thinking I may change out the Smooches image once the 2011 Birthday Tag set is released by Papertrey Ink, but I haven't decided yet (it was his birthday afterall). I am checking there daily to see if it's available yet!! I used my Silhouette to cut out the title!! I have been using that machine so much lately and I love that I have it!! Makes things so easy!! I even got out my sewing machine and did some stitching (around the love you image and stripes above the border punch strip). Let me know what you think!!

I will be back tomorrow with my Lawnscaping Challenge card (love the card I CASEd....so simple yet SO cute)!! Until then, thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Love the layout! It must be so fun to live so close to Disney! I've been twice as a teen, and I can't wait to take my boys someday.

    I'm excited to see your Lawnscaping Challenge card! I bet it will be a good one!

    ReplyDelete