Friday, February 11, 2011

Celebrate - PTI Make It Monday Challenge

Hi all!! I have finally decided to play along with the first installment of Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday challenge!! I am so excited for this weekly challenge...though I am not sure I will participate every week with the other challenges I like to participate in!! Speaking of which, watch out Monday for my latest creation for the Papertrey Playhouse challenge!! We've lost a few members this week, but the concensus is that it's OK!! We all seem to like having a smaller group...though anyone is welcome to participate in our challenges!! You can check out the latest one here.

Anyway, on to the Make It Monday challenge!! I can honestly say that I have never used the technique showcased this week before...and it is going to be something I will use again and again!! I loved it!! The card I made was completely and totally inspired by this one here. I just loved the airy-ness of it! Is that even a word?? Here is what I came up with...


I love the neutral color pallette!! I used so many different PTI sets that contained the word celebrate and stamped them with Versamark on Fine Linen cardstock. Then I stamped one in Melon Berry, which happens to match the button in the flower. I used Rustic Cream for my card base. I then made a mat with Rustic White that I impressed with my Tin Types Impression plate. Added some lace from my stash for a vintage touch. This is real feminine card, but I figure I can use it for a birthday, wedding, graduation, or birth of a baby.


You can sort-of see the impression on the Rustic White, but trust me when I say it looks great in real life!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment