Monday, February 21, 2011

Papertrey Playhouse Challenges

I have two cards to share today. The first is the card I made for Mary's sketch challenge over at the Papertrey Playhouse. For this challenge I decided to break out my Hopscotch 6x6 pad again. I also played around with the frames. I LOVE layering the die cut frames!! Here's what I came up with...

Dana's color challenge was a real challenge for me. They are great colors, but not colors I usually put together. I added white to the mix to use as a card base...then I grabbed my buttons. I have every color in the Papertrey Ink rainbow, so I just pulled them out. That's when this became easy for me. I just dug through my button jars, laid them out on the cardstock, and stitched them down. So what seemed to be quite difficult for me, actually came together very quickly once I had my concept. I am going to be using this design again that's for sure!!


Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

6 comments:

  1. These are both great cards! I love how you used the buttons! Love that big orange button. I caught up on the sketch challenge myself, but I cheated & used the sketch on my color challenge card. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous! I love those papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee hee! Adorable cards. I am loving the buttons card!!! SOOO Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, and I'm completely in love with the one with the button border {love}!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. WOW...Loved them both. The button one is just ab fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are great! I love the layered mats/frames and the simplicity of the button card is WOW!

    ReplyDelete