Monday, March 7, 2011

Daisy

Daisy isour PBGV mix (that stands for Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen). We adopted her almost five years ago, and I am just now around to putting her first scrapbook page together. If you know me, you know I don't rush into anything!! I am a procrastinator by nature...so I am right on schedule! HA!

I put this layout together for the 4x6 photo love class over at 2peas (you can find it here). I did change the orientation of my photos, using two horizontal photos versus two vertical photos, but overall I really love how this layout turned out.


I don't usually use this much patterned paper. Usually I am a solid cardstock kind of scrapper, with a little pattern paper...but I just went for it! Lots of American Crafts on this layout. The background clouds and dots are Echo Park, but the rest is American Crafts (mostly from the Dear Lizzy collection, but there are also patterns from Boutanique, Letterbox, and Love collections as well).


I also paper-pieced the Lawn Fawn banner at the top. LOVE how this turned out and LOVE that 2peas is now carring Lawn Fawn!! I was planning to pick up a few sets from Simon Says Stamp (and I did get one), but by the time I went to check out, a few of them were sold out. So when I saw Lawn Fawn at 2 peas yesterday morning, I quickly grabbed 4 more sets and checked out so they wouldn't get snagged by someone else!! I finally picked up Lunar Lights, and then I added Say Cheese, Say Cheese Too, Critters in the Forest, and Happily Ever After. Can't wait to get these stamps inky!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment