Friday, April 15, 2011

bride & groom

I think I am more on time with today's layout!! Still so sorry about getting yesterday's up SO late in the day!!! I decided that I wanted to play along with the Sketchbook 3 class again for this layout. Really loving that class! I need to spend some time this weekend getting those layouts uploaded to the gallery over at Studio Calico!! I have yet to do that!! Again, I've said it before, why rush into things!!

For this layout I used photos from my sister-in-law's wedding 2 years ago. It's a photo that I took of the bride just after she finished getting ready, and the groom right after he had gotten to the alter. I used silver glitter Thicker's for the words 'bride' and 'groom' and they don't seem to be showing up very well in the photo, but they look great in real live!! Used some older Prima papers and flowers from their e-line. Then I stamped an Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday journaling spot (using Jenni Bowlin for Ranger Chewing Gum ink) and printed my journaling directly from my computer.



I love the big smile on his face in that picture!! I photos that are still waiting to go onto a layout of him as the music starts and he sees her for the first time...boy is his face different in those photos!! I have to say that one of my favorite moments at any wedding is the look on the groom's face the first time he sees his bride (like in the movie 27 Dresses...that's so me)!! While most people are looking at the bride, I usually look at the groom!! It's such a special moment!! You can really see just how much he loves her...EVERY time!! What about you...what do you love about weddings??

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. what lovely layouts you have on your blog. Just found you from Shimelle's picks on her sketch of the week (6 April). Especially like the wedding ones, making me think i should really get my finger out and start scrapping my own, lol.
    hope you have a great weekend
    caroline

    ReplyDelete