Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lawnscaping Challenge #7

This is my second post today because I wanted to share the card I made for the seventh Lawnscaping Challenge!!



The challenge was to make your own patterned paper with STAMPS!!! I thought about using Just My Type...or maybe Critters of the Sea...but finally decided on Sew Lovely!! I grabbed the button from that set, five ink colors (four that just arrived at my doorstep on Friday from 2peas...Jenny Bowlin for Ranger inks), and created this...



It doesn't show very well in the photo, but the beaded circles Spellbinders die-cut is also embossed. I also did some machine stitching around the background paper...that I stamped...all individually...one color at a time!! I used Real Red from Stampin Up! (which looks purple in the photo), and Jenny Bowlin for Ranger's Chewing Gum, Lemon Drop, Seed Packet, and Chicken Feed. I used Neenah Solar White for the stamped pattern paper, and Papertrey Ink's Summer Sunrise and Orange Zest. Then I added a Summer Sunrise button that was tied on with some new to my stash Twinery Baker's Twine. I've got some baker's twine from The Twinery and Divine Twine...love both and both offer great colors!!


I stamped the sentiment on the inside along with the botton and the bow from Sew Lovely. This is the first time I've use the sewing machine stamp from this set...and this is one of the first sets I got last summer...how have I NOT used the sewing machine before??? I will surely be using it again because it's "lovely!!"

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

5 comments:

  1. Such a nice, colorful card! TFS =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute card! I have that stamp set; may have to lift this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE and so colorful! This will bring a smile for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute! I have a thing for buttons! This is adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The button background is adorable. Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete