Wednesday, May 11, 2011

2 cute kids

Bear with me as I work on redesigning my blog. With House of 3 being no more, I felt a bit strange using their blogware. So the blog will be under construction for the next few days as I work on the redesign.

I got my May Studio Calico kit last Friday, the day before National Scrapbook Day. Talk about GREAT timing!!! I broke it out right away and just looked at everything!! I picked up the main kit and the paper lanterns add-on. It's my first month, so I didn't want to overwhelm myself. I am kicking myself now for not picking up any additional pattern papers!!! Next month may be a different story!! Can't wait for the sneaks to start in a few days!!

On to the layout!! I wanted to use some items from the kit and I wanted to keep it somewhat simple so as to focus attention mainly on the photo! So here's what I came up with...


How cute are those kids?? They are my neice and nephew on my husband's side. (My sister-in-law's two oldest). I love this photo of them from my sister-in-law's wedding back in 2009. I had my long lens on my camera and they were pretty close to me, so I just zoomed out and managed to snap the perfect shot. So cute that she has her arm around him with her hand on his shoulder!! Love!!!


And how about that number stamp??? I stamped it and emobssed it directly onto the patterned paper, then stamped it again on one of the pattern papers from the kit, this time embossing it with black. I cut out the 2 to highlight it. And that doily print!! Such love for this paper. How did I not get the add-on paper??? Still kicking myself!! But I will use it slowly and sparingly! Has to be the perfect layout for me to use that paper!! Ha!!

I am really getting back into my crafting groove!! Will be back tomorrow with another share. Until then, thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment