Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Papertrey Playhouse Challenge

The idea for this challenge came to me a few days ago...and it turned out exactly as I had envisioned it!! I am always happy when it happens like that. Sometimes, I have these great ideas in my head that just don't work once they get down onto paper....almost as if something gets lost between the brain and the hands putting the idea to paper. I hate when that happens and I am thankful that it didn't happen this time!!

I first stumbled upon Papertrey Ink because of a card that Kristina Werner had made (you can see it here) way back in January 2009. When CHA was in Orlando that summer, I had plans to go to the super show specifically to check out Papertrey Ink (all because of that Ocean Tides Satin Ribbon) and my hubby was prepared to go with me. But at the last minute, I changed my mind and we didn't go (I know, I know...still kicking myself about that to this day...but it just pushed the day I became addicted to PTI back by only a few short months). I ended up placing my first order before Christmas that year (can't remember if it was the end of November or early December). I loved seeing the projects with Turning a New Leaf and Homemade. Those design team projects pushed me over the edge from observed to addicted fan!! I used those two stamp sets right away and have used them a few times since, but not in the last few months.

So that became my challenge: think back to your first PTI order...what did you get? Chose at least one of those stamp sets and break them out again...get them inky again!!

I also love the versatility of PTI products!! I started out as a scrapbooker...mixing my beloved photos with fun papers and embellishments. I then, almost natrually, move into the world of cardmaking. But over the last few months, I have moved back into scrapbooking. I still make cards, especially when I don't have a lot of time on my hands and I NEED to get crafty!! I wanted to show how easliy these stamps work for scrapbooking just as they do for cardmaking. I broke out my Turning a New Leaf stamp set and made a pretty scrapbook page for my wedding album.


I layered some of the stamped leaf images with die cut images (that were stamped as well for a tone on tone look). You'll also notice some Pretty Pastel and Distressed Dot pattern paper, Beautiful Blooms #3 layered flowers, and Angled Labels as well.


The images that are stamped inside the Angled Labels are from Lawn Fawn's Happily Ever After set.

I am loving all the layers of the leaf images. And those flowers are so cute too...layers of Pretty Pastel pink pattern paper and vellum, tied together with a white PTI button.

I really enjoyed getting this set inky again...one from my very first PTI order. I hope you too will enjoy revisiting one of those first sets that you got too!!

Thanks for stopping by today!!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous LO - great use of the stamps and dies on a page rather than a card - looking forward to this challenge!

    ReplyDelete