Saturday, August 20, 2011

cutie patootie


A stickery challenge...I love stickers but I don't always buy they when I am buying other fun scrappy embellishments because I don't seem to use them on my layouts. So this was a bit of a challenge for me. I have so many old sticker books at home from when my mom would buy us stickers for random rewards when we did good things or stickers from the dentist/doctor...so I love stickers, I just don't seem to love them on my scrapbook pages. So when I saw this challenge amongst Shimelle's weekend of challenges, I knew I would want to give it a go, but I also knew it would probably be one of the last that I tried because it would not come easy!! Then I decided to cheat just a little and use some chipboard stickers...hey they are stickers, right!! Made this layout a lot easier for me to put together!!


This layout features stickers from Crate Paper (yes, stickers and chipboard stickers), October Afternoon, and Fancy Pants. I also used Crate Paper and Fancy Pants patterned paper, a little bit of kraft cardstock, and some white Mister Huey's mist. I used more instagram photos from my recent vacation (of my niece of course, but my sister...her mom...is in the top photo too)!! My sister 'rents' Disney dvd's from  our mom (meaning our mom brings new movies every trip and trades them out for the movies they brought the previous trip) and this trip Sleeping Beauty was among the movies that were brought. We watched it two times in as many days. I don't mind as it is my favorite of the princess films. But it was so darn cute when, in the middle of the second time watching it, my niece went over and sat on my sister as she layed on the floor. So of course, I had to capture that moment!!

Happy crafting (if you are finding time to craft this lovely Saturday!! Thanks for stopping by!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment