Wednesday, August 17, 2011

happy anniversary


I am back with another layout to share that I put together for the Color Story challenge over at Shimelle's blog. It was another of her 'proud to scrapbook' challenges from this past weekend. If you haven't checked out any of the the challenges you can do so here...and the best news...you have until Sunday the 21st to get your layouts made and posted!! So why not get to some scrapping these next few days!!

This challenge was all about color and using specific colors...red, white, and aqua. I love all three of these colors, but hadn't paired the red & white with aqua before! It's such a lovely combination!! I had a sketch in ming from my little page sketch book that I had been wanting to use, so I decided to use that for the basis of this layout. I also knew that I really wanted to use a wood element from Pink Paislee on this layout as well. As a result, this layout came together quite quickly...once the glimmer mist on that wood element dried!!


Those doodlebug glitter stickers that I used for the title are much more visible in person that they appear to be here! I used a combination of brands for this layout: The Girls' Paperie, American Crafts, Doodlebug, House of 3 for Pink Paislee, Pebbles, and Tattered Angels. Love the simplicity of this layout!

The rose photo was taken with the instagram app on my iPhone (love that app) and printed using the postalpix app. They print square photos in 4x4 and 5x5 and regular sized photos as well, all ordered directly through the app from your phone! I have ordered from them a few times and the shipping is quick and the quality is great!! My only wish is that 3x3 photo printing becomes available soon!!

My hubby and I celebrated our 10th anniversary just over a month ago, and we decided to splurge a bit and got to Victoria & Albert's at Disney's Grand Floridian. It's very a very high class 7 course meal where men are required to wear a jacket. In the 11 years we've been here...we've only every been two other times...that's how MUCH of a splurge it is! They give you personalized menus and you select each of your courses right away at the beginning. There are options for each course, but you pick each of your 7 options right away. It's very yummy and worth it, but only on special occasions! At the end of the meal, each lady is given a long stemmed red rose...this is a photo of that rose!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment