Wednesday, August 31, 2011

happy birthday cards

It's Wednesday...which means it's hump day and the weekend is almost here!! It also means that tomorrow is September!! I cannot believe it's almost September already!! Time flies!! But on to the craftiness...I wanted to stop by today and share two cards I made using Basic Grey's Life of the Party collection.


For this first card, I inked up a Hero Arts/Basic Grey cling stamp using four colors of distress stains. I then misted that with perfect pearl mist for some shine. I stamped that onto some watercolor paper. I cut out the ric-rac paper from a larger sheet of patterned paper. For the sentiment, I used a die cut label and letter stickers from the Basics collection, which is attached using foam dots. Kept it simple so it would work for either a masculine or feminine birthday card! Since there isn't a lot of bulk, it will mail easily too!


For this second card, I made a shaped card using my silhouette. I love the layers. I stamped the senitment in two stages since this is a long stamp and not a stacked stamp as I have done here. I know there are some stampers who can cut their stamps to either stack them or make them long...I am not one of them (yet). I say yet because anything can change at any time, but for now even the thought of cutting my stamps makes me cringe (even though I am well aware that the image will go back together easily...I just can't do it!!)!! I trimmed the 'presents' from a sheet of patterned paper and tied them up with some Divine Twine. Love that this gives the look of presents and adds some dimension.

Thanks for stopping by!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Great cards! What a great way to celebrate a birthday...with your great cards! Love the twine on the packages!

    ReplyDelete