Saturday, August 20, 2011

hot pink hoopla

Ok, so I must confess...there is NO pink on this layout!! I did this layout for the Hot Pink Hoopla challenge over at Shimelle's blog. Thankfully, however, the challenge was not to use pink, but to use the layout as inspiration...that could have meant pink, but it could also mean many other things. I found inspiration in the smaller box on the layout and the border strip.


I decided not to do a lot of embellishing on the left side of the layout mainly because I didn't want to cover the border strip. I wanted to have those planes showing since this is a layout about the first flight of my trip. I used lots of October Afternoon on this layout, mainly from the Boarding Pass collection, but the background dots are from the Rocket Age collection. I love how well these collections go together!

I hope you had a super Saturday and found some time to do some crafting!! Thanks for stopping by!
Deb

1 comment: