Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pearl Harbor

I have another layout to share today!! I haven't worked on layouts for our Hawaii trip album in quite some time, so I thought it would be nice to get back into those layouts since I don't have too many left! This is going to be the first layout in the album for our visit to Pearl Harbor.


Since I have my degrees in American History, and as someone who loves History in general, no trip to Hawaii would have been complete without a visit to Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial! Thankfully, as an Army vet, my husband felt the same way!


In keeping with the rest of the album, I used a lot of American Crafts Margarita collection on this layout (there is also some Technique Tuesday, Basic Grey, and October Afternoon as well). Because of the history that surrounds this place, I didn't feel right using some of the brighter papers from this collection, instead, I kept with just the blues and greens. I did this mainly to reflect the palm trees of Hawaii and the blue water. For these layouts, I didn't want to take away from the seriousness, but I also wanted them to flow with the rest of the album. So I just made the collection work for me!! And I LOVE that is does!!!


Hidden journaling on there (much like April's 4x6 photo love class...just flipped around). And I added some stamping too, using a Studio AE stamp set from Technique Tuesday. Those sentiments just fit perfectly!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment