Saturday, August 20, 2011

seniors


Well, this is the final layout that I did for Shimelle's 'proud to scrapbook' weekend of challenges...and it's for the 3 is a magic number challenge. I don't know about you, but I have really enjoyed all of these challenges!! It's like National Scrapbook Day in August!! Not to mention how many layouts I've scratched off the to-do list! Plus some of these have really challenged me creatively and I am sure I will be saving the post with all of the challenges to my favorites for when I am in a scrapping slump...these will be just what I need to jump start my creativity.

I went a little retro with this layout too...meaning I scrapped another photo from my senior year of high schoo. This time, however, I used a photo from earlier in my senior year instead of graduation. I was in the marching band at my high school for 5 years (we started in 8th grade there) and at the end of each season all of the seniors get together for a photo that is usually given to all of the coaches during the awards banquet...this is a layout of that photo.


For my 3 embellishemnts I made 3 fabric flowers using Glubers. Well, 2 are from fabric and 1 is from ribbon. I've had the Glubers in my stash for a while, but this is the first time I've used them. The design of this layout was inspired by a Real Simple Magazine. I saw it on the stands and was drawn to it, so I picked it up knowing I would use it for scrapbook inspiration. On the magazine cover, there was a cluster of paint sample strips to the right of the main element, hence the flim strip. That's a stamp that I got from one of my Studio Calico kits, and I finally broke it out. I filled in the white space with patterned paper in the same color scheme. Since I used 3 strips, I guess these could count toward the 3 embellishments too.

But, this is my last layout for the weekend of challenges. Two left, the Butterflies & Bingo Cards challenge and the Hot Pink Hoopla challenge. I have one of those done and will post it in a bit. I am almost finished with the other and am planning to have that up on the blog tomorrow. Until then, thanks for stopping by!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment