Saturday, August 20, 2011

staying cool in the pool



I can not lie, I used to find it so terrifying to just cut into my patterned paper! It would cause my huge levels of stress, anxiety, trauma...I could go on. But then I just did it. And let me tell you...it is so liberating not to fear cutting up that perfect piece of paper...because I have come to realize (and it took me a L O N G time to reach this conclusion), that tomorrow there will be another perfect sheet of patterned paper. So rather than keep things in my stash for months (ok, sometimes years) I am finding that I am using more of what I get now (and using a lot more of what I had already)! I no longer fear cutting up the paper!!!

Enter Shimelle's Chop Your Paper challenge!! This was the perfect challenge for me to do after I stressed out about the sticker challenge (HA!)!!! And I decided to show off my nephew a little because I felt like I was neglecting all the photos of him from my recent vacation!! He is such a fish and, at 2, loves to swim. He needs a little help because he just doesn't quite know how to hold his head up on his own, but it will not be long before he's swimming all by himself!!


I used a lot of Echo Park's Splash collection for this...solid papers, patterned papers, border strips, and journaling cards. I did add some of the new Studio Calico/Hero Arts cloud stamps on the top to balance out the sun. Love those stamps!! Stamp perfectly every time!! And I love that they match the Fiskars cloud punches!! The only non paper embellishment are the buttons...just needed a bit more detail and those doodlebug buttons were perfect!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment