Tuesday, September 6, 2011

hanging with grandpa

I love that my niece and nephew love to hang out with family! They are at that age where it's still cool to be around family. I know that it won't last forever and there will come a time where we will be the last people they want to hang around with. So for now, I am sure I speak for my entire family when I say that we will savor each minute while it lasts!! I knew that would be the theme of this layout when I decied upon the photo that I would use.


I decided to use Life of the Party by Basic Grey for this layout. I did do some misting on the kraft cardstock before I started layering the pattern papers. And I am loving the ric-rac patterned paper (I cut those strips from the paper to stretch my supplies a little).


Once I was finished layering everything and getting everything down on the page, it just looked a little empty. So to combat this, I stitched a border around the entire page. I used my Sew Easy tool to ensure the stitches were evenly placed then used regular embroidery floss to stitch with. Let me just tell you that while I LOVE the results, this took FOREVER!! I am sure I will do more stitching in the future though because the time spent on it was well worth it given the results.

Thanks for stopping by!
Deb

2 comments:

  1. hand stitching does take forever!!! I avoid it. Love the sewing machine though LOL But there really is nothing like the look of hand stitching on a layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout!!! Love the simplicity of it!!!

    ReplyDelete