Monday, September 5, 2011

these are the days

Happy Labor Day! It's Monday, so that means it's Sketch of the Week time. This is my latest version of Shimelle's latest sketch! If you hop over to Shimelle's blog and watch her video on how she put her layout based on the sketch together, you'll see that she played with some spray paint on her layout. While I find this to be a great idea...I am not quite sure it's for me. And that might just be because I don't have any spray paint here...otherwise, there may be a small possibility that I would have tried that. However, I decided to skip the paint all together...well, that is until I started laying everything out!! I broke out my Boardwalk kit (August's Studio Calico kit) for this layout and decided to use a photo of my niece all dressed up as Belle from Beauty & The Beast (she's in the dress-up phase!!). After I had everything all laid out, there was something missing. The patterned paper blended in to the cardstock a little too much, so I decided to paint a pink boarder around the edge using a paint dauber and a paint brush. Just gave it the extra pop it needed.


I used three different glimmer mists (Cosmos, Tutti Fruitti, and Bubblegum I believe) for the scallop strips. They are Mistables from Pink Paislee (also from the kit) and I am so in love with these!! I love the way these look all layered up. This is what I used in place of the spray paint!


I did a little stamping and a little layering, then added the sticker from the Amy Tangerine sticker book by American Crafts. That sticker also became my title. I am loving that sticker book and can't wait to play with some of the other Amy Tangerine crafty items that just showed up at my house!

I will be back later with some of my learnings over the past few days for Learn Something New Every Day. Until then, thanks for stopping by!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. adore the scallop strips, the color combo and the painting around the paper is awesome!

    ReplyDelete