Friday, October 28, 2011

happy thanksgiving

Victoria is the latest host over at the Papertrey Playhouse blog, and she has challenged everyone to make a fall themed card, or if you're ready for the holiday season, to make a holiday card. Fall is my favorite season, even though there really isn't much of a fall in FL (it really just goes from summer to summer, with maybe a week or two of cold weather sometime in January...ha)! I grew up in central NY and went to college right on Lake Ontario, so I know fall and winter well...the last 11 years have not been the same for me with out the distinct change of seasons, leaves turning warm shades of red and orange, and not even the remote possibility of snow during the holiday's. So I jumped at the chance to make a fall themed card, and decided to make a Thanksgiving card to send to one of my family members in a few weeks. I used a stamp set that I've had for a while, but haven't used in a while. I did some masking and layered lots of ink colors.


I popped one of the pumpkins up off the card with some foam adhesive to give it some added dimension. It was a little flat without doing this. Loved making this card and I am going to be using this set again soon!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Deb

5 comments:

  1. love the multi- layered & colored flourishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flourish-ey pumpkins and great colors, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flourishes below the pumpkins - a perfect fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pumpkins and REALLY love the flourishes under the pumpkins- wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Deb! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete