Thursday, October 13, 2011

let's go fly a kite

Welcome to Day 4 of Basic Grey Blog Appreciation!! I can't believe it's Thursday and tomorrow is Friday already. Where do the days go?

Today I wanted to share a layout that I created with the Indie Bloom collection and some baker's twine. I started with this starting point from Shimelle and went from there.


I am still not quite sure about those pink letter stickers on the green background for the title. From far away they disappear, but up close they look great.


I used photos from summer vacation 2010 when my husband and I both went to visit my sister and her family up north. All my little niece wanted to do with her Unlce Mike (my hubby) was fly her kite, but I think that the universe was against them because whenever it was windy we didn't have the kite, and when we did have the kite it wasn't windy. One afternoon, Mike was helping around the lawn and some wind came about. My sister and niece grabbed the kite out of the garage, and they managed to get a little air for a minute or so. While they kept tryingm it just wasn't meant to be for any length of time. My niece did have a lot of fun while it lasted though, and really that's all that matters!! A little bonding time between her and her Uncle Mike!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment