Friday, October 14, 2011

merry christmas - a card share

Hello Friday!! I can't believe it's already Friday and the weekend is right around the corner!! It's also Day 5 of Basic Grey Blog Appreciation and I thought I would wrap up the week with a card share. I kept it quite simple, finding inspiration from two of my favorite card makers, Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire. I was inspired by this card from Kristina and this card from Jennifer.


For this card, I used the Nordic Holiday 6x6 pad and two Hero Arts stamp sets that were made to go with this collection, the Holiday Clear stamp set for the sentiment and the Poinsettia & Berries Cling stamp set for the poinsettia and leaves.


I stamped the leaves and poinsettia onto white cardstock using versamark ink, and then embossed with white embossing powder. I then colored the flower and leaves with Studio Calico Mister Huey's in Overdue and Estate Green. Once that dried, I misted again with the new Calico Shine to give it lots of shimmer. You can sort of see all that shimmer in the photo above, but it's much better in person. I then layered the leaves and the bloom for some dimension. I added in clear gems to the center of the poinsettia for added interest.

This might be my favorite holiday card I've made thus far, and simple enough for easy mass production if I decided to go this route. Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment