Sunday, October 2, 2011

merry christmas

I wanted to play along with the last Papertrey Playhouse challenge (to use a stamp that hasn't been used or one within a set that hasn't been used), but time slipped away from me and I didn't get a chance to. The latest challenge is another "use it" challenge, this time to use a die that hasn't been used. I decided to meld the two together and use a stamp and die that I hadn't used. So, the one thing on this project that I have used before is the white cardstock and the red and green ink. The die and all the stamps are previously unused!!


For this card I used Stampers Select White for my base. I then die cut the Simple Circles Border also using the white cardstock. I stamped Boy Basics: Simple Circles using Stampin Up's Real Red for the large circles and Garden Green for the small circles. I finished the card with a sentiment from Comminque Curves, and this is a sentiment I haven't used before. I love this CAS card. It's not thick at all, only the border die adhered directly to the card without dimensional adhesive, so that means that it will be very easy to mail. And it also means that it would be very easy to reproduce for our holiday card this year. We'll see about that as we get closer to Christmas card making time!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

2 comments:

  1. Love how you turned Simple Circles into something completely perfect for Christmas! Thanks so much for playing along, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable card! Simple but so effective. Glad you had a chance to play along with Playhouse!

    ReplyDelete