Monday, October 24, 2011

sending holiday joy

Welcome to the fifth and final week of blog appreciation. This week it's all about Papertrey Ink!! I discovered Papertrey Ink during the summer of 2009 though I didn't actually take the plunge and purchase anything until later that fall. I held off as long as I could, but I was smitten from the arrival of that very first order!! Love the color match stuff (cardstock, ribbon, ink, felt)...makes making cards and other projects so easy!!!

First up is a super simple and quick card that would be so easy to reproduce for the holidays!! I broke out my brand new Holiday Lights stamp set and some white cardstock...then picked out a bunch of ink colors to make this super fun card!


I love the string of lights!! Reminds me of all those black Friday's of my younger years when my sister and I would gang up on our dad to hang the lights on the house!! For many years it was the tradition. We'd hit the mall early in the morning for some black Friday shopping and then in the afternoon (after our naps...ha!) we'd hang the lights on the house. And by 'we' I really mean my dad...though we did help him check the strands for lights to replace!!

Love holiday memories!! I am starting to get into the mood to start cranking out my Christmas cards...but I just can't justify it yet except for the one here and there until Halloween has past!! I will likely wait to make my holiday cards until right before Thanksgiving...then it won't be so out of the ordinary to have the Christmas music playing in the background!! At least that's what I keep telling myself!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. very cool! fast. colorful. easy to mail. totally perfect!

    ReplyDelete