Monday, July 16, 2012

this was a wonderful day

I decided to play along with Shimelle's latest starting point, which you can check out here if you'd like! For my layout, I decided to use up some older items in my stash, and it all really started with the frame stamped strip across the bottom. The frame stamp came from my Daydream Believer Studio Calico kit. Then I pulled papers from Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934 line and Echo Park's For The Record...both of which are older collections that I still love quite a bit!! I also added some washi and lots of layers (and maybe even a tip from the latest Glitter Girl challenge over at 2peas on combining washi and ribbon). The photos are from Mother's day, which was a pretty fun day spent with my inlaws barbequing.



Oh, and if we're being specific about using up the older parts of my stash...that ribbon is an oldie from and SEI ribbon card from I don't know how may years ago...but the ivory and black stripe was a perfect fit for the rest of the layout!!

Have a fabulous Monday and thanks for stopping by!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Lovely layout. Don't you love to use up old stash? I do! I see you were also inspired by Glitter Girl using ribbon on paper clips. I shall be heading out to get some paper clips soon. LOL

    ReplyDelete